Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's in the eyes

I am in a constant state of trying to improve my "artwork" in my comic, and the latest thing I've been working on is eyes.
Specifically, my cartoon characters don't have irises, or eyeballs for that matter. Just big pupils, staring into the abyss. So I've been trying to come up with an eye design that isn't just a pupil, but also isn't freakishly detailed or looks like anime-eyes. This is what I came up with:
So, if anyone has an opinion on it, let me know, because I honestly am not 100% sold on it yet. But, I do want to do something, since I feel like better-drawn eyes can convey emotions better.
In other news, I have scripts written, but have not had a lot of time to draw. I am trying to fix this, and vacations aren't helping, but... hopefully we should be back on track in August at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment