Monday, February 3, 2014

I wanted to hit 100 comics, that was my goal. It has taken me quite a while to do it, mostly because I've been putting it off. This is why.

Firstly and most influential in it was I just haven't wanted to draw lately. By lately I mean like.. the last year? I definitely lost my drive to draw a serial comic. I might be okay drawing one-offs or whatever, but stories and plots and characters are just not my thing anymore. For a while I've figured I would probably end the comic at 100. You would think that I would try and get it out of the way so I would stop worrying about it and move on to other things. But I guess a part of me didn't want to see it go. Say what you will, 100 comics is a lot. A lot of work put into this site, and I don't want to just drop it off into a field and not turn back. I can't have it continue in its current state though. I just don't have the drive to do so anymore.
I've also known for a while how I was going to end the story arc. You might say it's a shitty ending, or it's too depressing, or doesn't make sense or anything like that. Well tough, life sometimes has shitty endings or is depressing or doesn't make sense. The comic has always tiptoed around the line of expressing my feelings about life and trying to tell jokes at the same time. I just ran out of ideas, I think. It was frustrating and depressing and I knew I couldn't pick up the comic to where I wanted to take it, so that's why I ended it the way I did.

Anyway, thanks for joining me on this journey. Glad some of you got some laughs out of it. We'll see where I go next, or what happens to this site, blog, the whole package.

No comments:

Post a Comment